The high and volatile oil prices of recent years demonstrated the fundamental fallaciousness of the idea of ‘peak oil’. This applies just as much to other commodities, whether agricultural or mineral. Price drives innovation, whether it is production efficiency when prices are low, or the cost effective search for alternatives and more remote sources of supply when prices are high. Technology is again a key driver, cutting across our investment interests.
We are interested in the full gamut of the energy complex, from hydrocarbon discovery to alternative energy and the technologies that support them:
- oil and gas – exploration and production, midstream
- waste and recycling
- service providers and technologies
- manufacturing/supply chain
- renewables – wind, bio-fuels, wave
- technology and service providers